Women's Tennis Defeats Hampton 5-2, Earns Fourth Straight Victory
The Eagles (7-4, 1-0 SoCon) have won seven of their last eight dual matches and improve their record to 5-1 at the Hanner Tennis Complex.
GSU used a complete team effort to earn the victory. Nine of
The Eagles took the early advantage taking the doubles point from
In singles play, freshman Melanie Rolle (
“Today’s performance was a total team effort,” said GSU coach Amy Bonner. “We were able to get production from a lot of individuals and that will help us as we get deeper into conference play.”
The Eagles are back on the hard-courts Sunday, March 9 as they head to Furman. The match is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m.
- Kegerreis/Caforio (GSU) d. Baek/Sangeria (HU) 8-4
- Matlosz/Knight (GSU) d. Thompson/Young (HU) 8-5
- Maddox/Helms (GSU) d. Small/Morgan (HU) 8-2
- Melanie Rolle (GSU) d. Na-Yhun Baek (HU) 7-5, 6-4
- Ali Beavers (GSU) d. Jovanna Sangeria (HU) 6-4, 6-3
- Syreeta Thompson (HU) d. Shea Huxtable (GSU) 4-6, 2-0 Ret.
- Christine Caforio (GSU) d. Kelli Young (HU) 6-1, 6-0
- Kelli Helms (GSU) d. Maya Morgan (HU) 6-2, 6-1
- Janelle Smith (HU) d. Jessica Matlosz (GSU) 6-4, 6-3
- Category: Women's Tennis
- Published on Wednesday, 05 March 2008 00:27