Eagles Roll Past Cougars In 5-2 Victory
The Eagles were victorious at the two and three doubles seeds to jump off to a 1-0 advantage over the Cougars. The duos of Philip Prins and Gregory Bekkers and Matthew Sands and Joris De Weerdt propelled the Eagles to claim the team point.
Georgia Southern quickly clinched the match with four singles victories at the two, three, five and six seeds. Joris De Weerdt, Borja Malet, and Mark Paetz each claimed their matches over the Cougars in straight sets. Matthew Sands took his match in a third set tiebreak.
The Eagles travel to California next for two matches. Georgia Southern will face the University of the Pacific in Stockton, CA March 17. Doubles action is set to begin at 11 a.m.
Georgia Southern 5, College of Charleston 2
1. Omer Abramovich/Steven Myers (COC) d. Emmanuel Nkoueleue/Borja Malet (GSU) 9-7(5)
2.Philip Prins/Gregory Bekkers (GSU) d. Joe Nicolazzi/Ross Moyer (COC) 9-8(4)
3. Matthew Sands/Joris De Weerdt (GSU) d. Mickael Boyer/Jimmy Petit (COC) 8-2
1. Omer Aramaic (COC) d. Emmanuel Nkoueleue (GSU) 4-6, 6-4, 10-4
2. Joris De Weerdt (GSU) d. Mickael Boyer (COC) 6-4, 6-0
3. Borja Malet (GSU) d. Steven Myers (COC) 6-1, 6-4
4. Joe Nicolazzi (COC) d. Gregory Bekkers (GSU) 6-0, 6-4
5. Matthew Sands (GSU) d. Christopher Carlton (COC) 6-0, 6-7(4), 10-7
6. Mark Paetz (GSU) d. Jimmy Petit (COC) 7-5, 6-3
- Category: Men's Tennis
- Published on Saturday, 15 March 2008 00:27