Eagles Suffer 5-2 Loss To No. 75 Wildcats
The match got started with the Eagles claiming matches at the one and three doubles seeds. Ironically, all three matches were decided with 8-4 decisions. The duo of Emmanuel Nkoueleue and Borja Malet went undefeated this weekend with a win today over Eric Noble and Sam Burns at the one seed. Meanwhile, at number three, Philip Prins and Gregory Bekkers defeated Phillip Compeau and Scott Myers to take the point.
Despite winning the doubles point before singles play, the Wildcats took five of six singles matches to earn the team victory, 5-2. Capturing the lone team singles win for the Eagles was Borja Malet. Malet easily ousted Walker Lyons at the three seed in straight sets, 6-0, 6-4.
Georgia Southern returns to action April 4 traveling to The Citadel. First serve is set for 2 p.m.
No. 75 Davidson 5, Georgia Southern 2
1. Emmanuel Nkoueleue/Borja Malet (GSU) d. Eric Noble/Sam Burns (DC) 8-4
2. Flaviu Simihaian/Walker Lyons (DC) d. Joris De Weerdt/Matthew Sands (GSU) 8-4
3. Philip Prins/Gregory Bekkers (GSU) d. Phillip compeau/Scott Myers (DC) 8-4
1. Flaviu Simihain (DC) d. Emmanuel Nkoueleue (GSU) 6-4, 4-0 ret
2. Eric Noble (DC) d. Joris De Weerdt (GSU) 6-3, 1-6, 6-3
3. Borja Malet (GSU) d. Walker Lyons (DC) 6-0, 6-4
4. Sam Burns (DC) d. Gregory Bekkers (GSU) 6-3, 7-5
5. Scott Myers (DC) d. Matthew Sands (GSU) 6-3, 6-2
6. Arie Hefter (DC) d. Mark Paetz (GSU) 6-2, 6-1
- Category: Men's Tennis
- Published on Sunday, 30 March 2008 00:13