Georgia Southern Rolls Past Hampton, 6-1
Georgia Southern picked up wins at all three seeds to claim the doubles point for the fourth time this season. Nkoueleue and Malet and De Weerdt and Bekkers were victorious over their opponents, 8-4, at the one and three seeds, respectively. Sands and Prins ousted their opponents, 8-3.
The Eagles’ success in doubles carried over to singles action, earning wins at five of six seeds. Georgia Southern cruised past Hampton in straight sets at one through four and six seeds. Picking up singles wins were Nkoueleue, De Weerdt, Bekkers, Malet and Sands.
Georgia Southern now looks to host conference foe Appalachian State on March 8. The match is slated to begin at noon.
Georgia Southern 6, Hampton 1
1. Emmanuel Nkoueleue/Borja Malet (GSU) d. Sung-Kwon Baek/Nicholas Hudson (HU) 8-4
2. Matthew Sands/Philip Prins (GSU) d. Seong-Min Cho/Reda (HU) 8-3
3. Joris De Weerdt/Gregory Bekkers (GSU) d. Gabriel Groh/Gellert Varga (HU) 8-4
1. Emmanuel Nkoueleue (GSU) d. Gabriel Groh (HU) 6-1, 6-4
2. Joris De Weerdt (GSU) d. Sung-Kwon Baer (HU) 6-3, 6-4
3. Gregory Bekkers (GSU) d. Nicholas Hudson (HU) 6-1, 6-4
4. Borja Malet (GSU) d. Seong-Min Cho (HU) 6-4, 6-4
5. Gellert Varga (HU) d. Mark Paetz (GSU) 6-3, 6-4
6. Matthew Sands (GSU) d. Quinten Logan (HU) 6-0, 6-1
- Category: Men's Tennis
- Published on Wednesday, 05 March 2008 00:25