Jayson Foster Makes it Two Straight Earning SoCon Award
Foster earned his second straight Offensive Player of the Week’ award while Rozier received his first-ever Freshman of the Week’ honor.
Following up on last week’s 231 rushing yards against West Georgia, Foster again improved on his career-highs. The senior quarterback rushed for a personal-high 253 yards (on 28 carries) and scored a GS record six rushing touchdowns in the 42-34 win at Coastal.
Some of the Georgia Southern records Foster has now accounted for following the Coastal Carolina game include:
- just the second player in GS history to rush for 200 yards in consecutive games (Adrian Peterson in 1998), and the only person to do so at the start of a season.
- most rushing touchdowns in a game (tied SoCon record and was one away from the NCAA mark).
- most points in a game (36).
- record for most yards by two players on the same team in the same game (also a SoCon record when he and Lamar Lewis rushed for 459 combined yards).
- most rushing yards by a quarterback in a game.
- most touchdowns accounted for to start the year (10 in two games).
Rozier rushed for 48 yards on nine carries, an impressive 5.3 average per rush, and broke off a long run of 36 yards.
The Eagles, off to their first 2-0 start since 2001, open SoCon play this Saturday (Sept. 22) against Chattanooga. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. and the game will be televised live on Comcast/Charter Sports Southeast.
- Category: Football
- Published on Monday, 17 September 2007 00:21