Women's Tennis Falls at Furman
GREENVILLE, S.C. -- The Georgia Southern Women's Tennis team fell at Furman on Saturday afternoon. The Eagles (2-6) were not able to climb out of a early hole after losing the doubles point and lost the match 7-0.
Sophomores Jordana Klein and Alexis Prickett were close to earning a win in the doubles but could not convert in the last few games, falling 9-7 to Furman's Margaret Boyette and Kelly Sullivan on court three. In singles, senior Natalie Maffett put up a good fight against Amanda Murray on court five but fell 7-5, 6-2 in two tough sets.
The Eagles fall to 2-6 on the year and 0-2 in Southern Conference matches. They will be looking for their first conference win of the year tomorrow (Sunday), when they take on Wofford at 11 a.m.
Georgia Southern Athletics provides up-to-date information on all its sports through its official website, GSEagles.com, through social media channels facebook.com/GSAthletics and twitter.com/GSAthletics, and its new “Eagles GATA” mobile app for Android and iOS.
1. Lauren Kline (FUR) def. Paola Garrido (GSUW) 6-2, 6-1
2. Katherine Oudin (FUR) def. Jordana Klein (GSUW) 6-3, 6-4
3. Alex Moreno-Kaste (FUR) def. Stephanie Woods (GSUW) 7-6, 6-3
4. Michele Stanford (FUR) def. M. Phillips Smith (GSUW) 6-2, 6-0
5. Amanda Murray (FUR) def. Natalie Maffett (GSUW) 7-5, 6-2
6. Margaret Boyette (FUR) def. F. Norregaard (GSUW) 6-1, 6-0
Order of finish: 4,1,3,6,2,5
1. Lauren Kline/Alex Moreno-Kaste (FUR) def. Paola Garrido/Stephanie Woods (GSUW) 8-1
2. Michele Stanford/Amanda Murray (FUR) def. Natalie Maffett/M. Phillips Smith (GSUW) 8-4
3. Margaret Boyette/Kelly Sullivan (FUR) def. Jordana Klein/Alexis Pricket (GSUW) 9-7
Order of finish: 1,2,3
- Category: Women's Tennis
- Published on Saturday, 02 March 2013 17:37