Athletic Training - Camp Info
Mission | Staff | Facilities | Forms | Camp Info | Tryout Info | Education
Standard Release Form for Minors 2012
Georgia Southern University Athletic Training requires all campers participating in GSU Coaches' camps to provide the following in order to participate in camp:
- A copy of the front and back of a valid, current medical insurance card
- Signed Standard Camp Release form (above) by parent/guardian if under the age of 18 years old. If 18 years old or older, you will be permitted to sign the form yourself.
- A copy of the most recent physical signed by a physician. This physical must be within 1 year of the start date of camp. Physicals are only required for campers 12 years of age and older.
These forms must be submitted upon time of registration. If at any time/circumstance paperwork is going to be faxed to a GSU facility, the camper will NOT be permitted to participate in the camp until all the required paperwork has been obtained by the athletic trainer.
ALL PAPERWORK PROVIDED UPON REGISTRATION (LISTED ABOVE) WILL BE IN THE POSSESSION OF THE ATHLETIC TRAINER UNTIL THE CAMP HAS CONCLUDED. IF A PARENT/GUARDIAN/CAMPER WOULD LIKE THEIR INFORMATION RETURNED PLEASE LET THE ATHELTIC TRAINER KNOW UPON REGISTRATION.
Each camp will employee a GSU Certified Athletic Trainer for the duration of the camp. The athletic trainer assigned to the camp will be in charge of any and all medical situations/emergencies that may or may not arise during the duration of camp. The camp coordinator will be provided a cell phone number to reach the athletic trainer at any hour should an injury/illness arise at any time. The athletic trainer will be present for all practices/sessions of each camp. All hydration materials/needs will be provided by the athletic training department.
It is the policy of the athletic training department that campers wanting to be taped up for camp practices/sessions must provide their own materials. If a camper sustains an injury that requires taping during a GSU Coaches' camp, GSU athletic trainer will provide the materials to tape the athlete.
All injuries/illnesses will be reported to the GSU Coach and the parent/guardian of the camper will be notified once the camper has been treated.
- Category: Athletic Training
- Published on Wednesday, 25 April 2012 14:52